Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Wedding


My Mom Susan got married this past weekend in St. Thomas, USVI to Dan. It wasn't a large wedding but there were friends and family there. Marcotte my brother flew in from CA and I flew in from GA. My sister Elisabeth lives there so she drove. (LOL) Marcotte and I were able to get sky miles tickets which surprised me since all the fuel prices and over booked flights. It was a quick trip down and back over the weekend so the families weren't able to attend. JoAnna and the kids attended a large wedding in Savannah of some friends.

My grandmother was able to attend which was great. She is doing well.
The church where the wedding was is where my great grandfather was Canon (Archdeacon) for the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. My grandmother grew up in St Thomas. It was really funny because after the wedding there was cake in the social hall and the windows were open and the chicken in the yard next door were having a good old time.

Aquira is a Japanese student that has stayed at my mom and Dan's house in PA while attending school. He flew down to play at the wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice music. Wish I could have heard more. Akira is so gifted. Thanks for posting it.