Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Vacation Part 3

This should be the final part. The blog started having issues when I made a post to big.

Anyway, towards the end of the vacation, Patrick and I went sailing and My brother Marcotte, His wife Caroline and son Ethan and my aunt Jackie arrived. We had not seen Ethan since he was born and hadn't seen Marcotte and Caroline since their wedding so we were excited.

Patrick and I took a sunfish out of Cowpet one day. The wind had been really good for most of the vacation so we headed out. We were cruising along healing a good bit and a gust of wind hit us. I let out on the main sheet to compensate and while Patrick and I were leaning over the side, he felt the gust and leaned further out. Of course my compensation and his for the gust didn't work together very well. As the boat leveled out a bit and Patrick was leaning over the side more, Patrick's feet weren't under the straps so he executed just about a perfect diver's roll right out of the boat. I was able to let go of the sail and grab his hand and he climbed back in the boat. We were laughing the whole time.



Hannah and Jackie loved playing with each other in the water and hung out as much as possible.
















Caroline, JoAnna and Hannah





Caroline, Ethan and Marcotte











Hanging out at the pool!














Ethan eating in Oma's room



JoAnna and Caroline! ( I wonder what they are plotting?)

Oma with her great grandchildren and Caroline with the coming soon addition! It was such a joy to see Oma's face light up when she saw Ethan.






Patrick
JoAnna
Eric
Hannah

St Thomas, USVI
July 2008

No comments: